Calendar of Events for Saturday 23 June 2018:
- Wednesday 20 Jun through Today, 66th annual Wachapreague Volunteer Fireman’s Carnival - 7 pm to 10 pm at the Wachapreague Carnival Grounds
- Today, Jeff Madson always puts on a good show and we always welcome him to The Great Machipongo Clam Shack. If you haven't been by for awhile, stop in for some delicious food and a fun Saturday evening. 442-3800 No cover charge ever!
- Today, CCSCII Pig Roast - 7 am to 10 pm on Martin Road in Harborton. Gates open at 7AM for breakfast by concession. Lunch served at Noon by concession. Pig and corn on the cob, and cole slaw to served at 6PM. There will be beverages served all day, included in the price of the ticket. Throughout the day there will be motorcycle events. DJ Terry will be on site from 2PM to 10PM. There will be primitive camping the night before and the day of the event. Tickets are being sold at the gate $25 per couple and $15 per single. Please contact Joe @ 757-894-5087 or Anthony @ 757-990-2405 for additional information.
- Today, One Day Drone Bootcamp - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Eastern Shore Community College Workforce Development Center. Includes 3 hours of classroom instruction plus 3.5 hours of flight time in the field with two remote certified pilots and tow Professional grade aerial vehicles. Whether you are a seasoned hobbyist or someone interested about unmanned systems as a profession, this bootcamp will be the perfect test lab to safely explore this ever-evolving technology.
- Today, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Monday 25 Jun, Kids Kayak Camp, June 25-29, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Ages 7-12. Learn to Kayak, stand-up paddleboard, history and nature. Burnham Guides Paddling Adventures, Onancock Wharf. $200. Sign-up:757-710-5137 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 25 Jun, Riverside Shore Job Fair - 5 pm to 7 pm in the Oyster Room at the Onley Town Center. Career opportunities are available for Hospice social workers and Home Health nurses, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and speech language pathologists. Learn more about working for Riverside at riversideonline.com/shore/jobs or email email@example.com for more information.
- Monday 25 Jun, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 26 Jun, Eastern Shore Cruisers car club meeting at 7:00pm in the Sage at Onley
- Tuesday 26 Jun, American Red Cross blood drive - 11 am to 3 pm in the Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital conference room
- Tuesday 26 Jun, Priority Enrollment Program Event at Eastern Shore Community College. 8:00am-6:00pm. This is an open house style event where potential students and parents can visit and receive plenty of help with registration, scheduling, placement test, financial aid, and more. Fall classes begin on August 20th, so come put your registration on the "fast track"!
- Tuesday 26 Jun, Bingo at Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 27 Jun, Dr. Drury Martin Stith Day
- Wednesday 27 Jun, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 28 Jun, Bats & Nighthawks Walk at The Nature Conservancy's Brownsville Preserve in Nassawadox. Time TBA. FREE, but registration is required, as space is limited. For more information or to sign up, contact Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 414-9227.
- Friday 29 Jun, Peg Volk is the music champion at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack and we welcome her and her friends to the stage once again. 7-9pm. Check out our webpage for the full menu and our calendar of events www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Friday 29 Jun, Ham Dinner at Oak Grove UMC - 4:30 to 6:30PM. $8 for Ham, corn on the cob, other sides, rolls, dessert and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call 710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Friday 29 Jun, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents:The Harbor String Quartet Summer Soiree 6-8 PM Enjoy a summer evening sitting on the gallery porch sipping wine, shooting the breeze and listening to live music with friends. Complimentary refreshments. Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Saturday 30 Jun, The Lowlanders entertain at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack. David and Eric bring their own blend of bluegrass and celtic tunes - dunegrass, to the Clam Shack Show starts at 7pm. Call 442 3800 for reservations.
- Saturday 30 Jun, 7pm to 10:30pm The Laydbaxx Band, featuring renowned blues singer Downtown Denise, Mr B Mike on bass, Dr Beats Dave on drums and Bk the Blues King on guitar will be performing blues, classic rock, oldies, Elvis, and country at the Wachapreague Fireman's Carnival. If you like lively music, this is the band for your entertainment at the Carnival.
- Sunday 1 Jul, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio hosts:Conversation Cafe with Wes Swing, Cellist 11 AM Coffee and pastries while learning something new. “Looping as a Songwriting and Expressive Tool” 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Sunday 1 Jul, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tuesday 3 Jul, Ice Cream Social - 5 pm to 8 pm at the Historic Onancock School
- Wednesday 4 Jul, Annual 4th of July Non-Motorized Parade - 10 am on Front Street in Accomac. Parade begins at Ward’s Service Station and ends at the Courthouse Green. Popsicles will be serve. Everyone is invited to walk or bike
- Wednesday 4 Jul, The Guppie Challenge - Free fishing tournament for kids 15 and under from 9 am to noon at the Cape Charles Fishing Pier. Bait will be provided.
- Wednesday 4 Jul, Independence Day Parade - 10 am in Cape Charles
- Wednesday 4 Jul, Independence Day
- Friday 6 Jul, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents:Jamie Slate, singer songwriter 12:30PM - 1:30 PM Poetry set to acoustic music. Poetry prints available. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 6 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 7 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion Hall in Cheriton, 6:30 PM
You can add to this calendar
The Art of Bruce Hoover
Arts and Crafts in Bloxom