Calendar of Events for Saturday 20 January 2018:
- Today, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Today, The Great Machipongo Clam Shack hosts acoustic duo Matt and Wayne Young. Bill LeCato joins them on the keyboard so come out for a stellar time! 6-8pm. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Today through Thursday 25 Jan,
|$5 Rabies Shots|
|Saturday||noon to 1:00 pm||Accomack Animal Hospital|
|Monday||5:00pm to 6:00pm||Exmore Firehouse|
|6:30pm to 7:30pm||Eastern Shore Animal Hospital|
|Tuesday||5:00pm to 6:00pm||Chincoteague Firehouse|
|6:00pm to 7:00pm||Nassawadox Firehouse|
|7:30pm to 8:00pm||Eastville Firehouse|
|Wednesday||4:00pm to 5:00pm||Atlantic Firehouse|
|5:30pm to 6:30pm||Bloxom Firehouse|
|Thursday||6:30pm to 7:30pm||Cheriton Firehouse|
- Tomorrow, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tomorrow, Sunday Supper - Two entrees for $26.95 every Sunday from 4-7pm at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Great sunsets, great food, great friends, great times, come on in!
- Monday 22 Jan, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 23 Jan, Eastern Shore Cruisers car club monthly meeting 7:00 pm at the Sage Restaurant in Onley , Va. For car & truck enthusiastic hope to see you and bring a friend . 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm pre meeting chat time.
- Wednesday 24 Jan, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 24 Jan, Mexican Night - Authentic Mexican Food served from 5-8 pm at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Grab a group and have some fun doing The Mexican Hat Dance, we will all applaud!
- Wednesday 24 Jan, Community Meeting:Concerned about clean water and access to water on the Eastern Shore? Come learn more at the Mighty Earth Campaign Kickoff. 7pm Naomi Makemie Church, Onancock.
- Thursday 25 Jan, The Good News Club meets at 3:45 pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. This is a safe, fun, Christian educational program for children. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5:15 pm.
- Thursday 25 Jan, Pint Night at the Blarney Stone Pub - 3pm to 10pm
- Friday 26 Jan, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 26 Jan, Fridays @ Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Live Entertainment. 6-8PM Jump start your weekend with a warm welcome, live entertainment and a glass of wine. Gather with friends or make new ones! Everyone welcome. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 26 Jan, Peg Volk and friends will be performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm. Sure to turn a Winter evening into a warm welcoming good time. Check out our website at www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com for more details.
- Friday 26 Jan, Ham Dinner; Oak Grove UMC; 30053 Seaside Rd. Melfa 4:30-6:30PM; $8.00 Ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, baked pineapple, rolls, dessert and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call:710-4920, 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Friday 26 Jan through Sunday 28 Jan, The play Arsenic and Old Lace is playing at the Palace Theater in Cape Charles. Friday and Saturday at 7:30, Sunday at 2:30. Tickets on sale at the door, Adults $15, Students $10. Family secrets and Elderberry wine, what could go wrong! Come see!! Appropriate for ages 10 and up
- Saturday 27 Jan, Jeff Madson knows how to keep Shore audiences happy. Great mix of easy listening covers from this talented musician. 6-8pm at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 442-3800
- Saturday 27 Jan, Extraordinary Women Conference Simulcast Event - 9am to 3pm (lunch provided) at Cheriton Baptist Church. RSVP by 1/20. For more info call Patty Ferguson at 757-710-4780 or see the website. Free and open to the public -- donations accepted
- Saturday 27 Jan, Oyster Roast to benefit the Virginia Tech Alumni Association ESVA chapter scholarship fund at the Onancock Elks Lodge. 4pm social hour, 5pm oysters served. $30pp ($35 at the door) $10 students. Tickets available at the Lodge, Bayside Rehab, Bundick Well, Farm Bureau Ins offices & H.W.Drummond or call 710-0049
- Sunday 28 Jan, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Conversation Cafe, “What are the Chances?” with Sharon Whitman 4 PM Hear the exciting story of Sharon Whitman's two-year journey around the world on her motorcycle. Her adventure took her through sixty-three countries on six continents, amassing over 103,000 miles on her 2000 Sportster. Sharon is the first woman to drive a Harley-Davidson around the world.
- Wednesday 31 Jan, Full Moon Walk at The Nature Conservancy's Brownsville Preserve in Nassawadox. FREE, but registration is required. Time TBA. Contact email@example.com or (757) 414-9227 for more information or to sign up.
- Wednesday 31 Jan, Hack Your Brain Trivia with Eric Hack at 6:30 pm at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Have some fun, bring a group or go it alone, but you will have some good eats with our Trivia Specials!
- Thursday 1 Feb, Freedom Day
- Friday 2 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 2 Feb, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm Celtic, Bluegrass, Dunegrass!
- Friday 2 Feb, First Friday at The Farm - dinner specials and live music featuring Heather and Nathan Travis from 6:00 - 9:00pm, at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Come in from the cold and enjoy dinner and music; that's the way to beat the winter blues!
- Saturday 3 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion Hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 3 Feb, George Duer entertains at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm
- Saturday 3 Feb, FREE Kids Art Class - 1pm to 2pm at the Chincoteague Cultural Alliance Community Center. All supplies provided. Young kids please bring an adult.
- Saturday 3 Feb, The Folk Music of African Americans - 1pm at the Island Theatre on Chincoteague. Admission is $10 (ages 8 and under free). For more information or to purchase tickets online go to the website.
- Saturday 3 Feb, Dinner with Friends of Cape Charles Memorial Library - 6pm to 9pm at The Oyster Farm. There will be a cash bar, and the dinner includes a choice of Chicken or Shrimp and Grits, plus appetizers, a salad and dessert bar. The cost is $60 per ticket for Friends Members and $65 for non-members. Purchase tickets online here.
You can add to this calendar
Funny Quote of the Day: